Here in Arizona, summer temperatures frequently climb over 90° during the day. Whether you love the hot weather or you tend to hide out inside until things cool off, it’s important to think about how your home will hold up to the heat. While your home’s exterior is designed to withstand all kinds of weather conditions, temperature fluctuations and extreme circumstances, you might need to take some extra preventative measures to ensure it remains in the best condition possible for years to come. Heat proofing your roof can offer a lot of great benefits.
What is roof heat proofing?
Roof heat proofing is intended to minimize the amount of damage that your roof sustains due to direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. Not only do heat proofing measures help improve the condition and longevity of your roof, they also improve the comfort and efficiency of your home by reducing thermal heat transfer. While roof heat proofing requires an upfront investment in roofing services in Gilbert, AZ, it is well worth it when you consider all of the cost-saving benefits associated with it, including reduced energy waste, improved roofing longevity and higher home value and curb appeal. There are several different heat proofing methods that you can choose from:
- Tile and metal roofing: Tile and metal roofs offer an efficient alternative for homeowners who don’t want to install shingle roofing on their home. These roofing materials offer great reflective properties and aesthetic appeal that many homeowners prefer over shingles. For extra cooling properties, these roofs can be treated with specialized paints and coatings.
- Evaporative cooling systems: Another heat proofing option is evaporative cooling for your roof. An evaporative cooling system mists your roof to create an evaporative effect that reduces heating and maintains the temperature of your home.
- Roof coatings: If you want to heat proof your existing roof, you can invest in a coating or treatment to increase its reflectivity. Some coatings create a watertight membrane that can improve the overall weatherability of your roof, but this will depend on the particular type of coating that you use.
- Modified bitumen: Installing modified bitumen roofing can offer significant advantages over traditional shingles. While modified bitumen has a slightly different aesthetic appearance than traditional asphalt shingles, they are a good option for homeowners who want to prioritize efficiency for their home.
- Cool shingles: Today, homeowners can select cool shingles that are specially designed to reflect heat and mitigate the effects of direct sunlight in hot climates. You can choose cool asphalt shingles, which cost about the same amount as traditional asphalt shingles, or you can opt for a more expensive and more effective type of shingle made from a material like wood or polymer.
Invest in roofing services in Gilbert, AZ
You can get the professional roofing services in Gilbert, AZ that you are looking for by reaching out to Five Guys Roofing. Since 1994, our team has been dedicated to delivering exceptional roofing services to our customers. Whether you need basic roofing maintenance or you are looking for a complete roof replacement, we are the team to call. Reach out today to get started with a free consultation and quote.
Categorised in: Roofing Services
This post was written by Writer