The Arizona summers can be brutal. The harsh sunlight and sweltering temperatures test even longtime residents accustomed to the “dry heat” year after year. Homeowners can spend hundreds of dollars each month to keep their homes cool and comfortable. Many homeowners are willing to do whatever it takes to keep cooling costs low, including having a roofing contractor in Gilbert, AZ install a cool roof on their home.
A cool roof can reflect the sun’s heat and prevent heat absorption within the building, resulting in a comfortable indoor environment in addition to lower energy bills. Cool roofs also have lower maintenance costs, reduce air pollution, improve air quality and even reduce energy use. Let’s take a closer look at cool roofs.
How does a cool roof work?
Cool roofs can reduce the heat transfer to the building by reflecting the visible, infrared and ultraviolet wavelengths of the sun. The state-of-the-art material radiates absorbed solar energy because it has a higher thermal emittance than standard roofing products. The installation process isn’t any different than that of a traditional roof. Cool roofs are available in a variety of colors, including lighter shades and even traditional dark, rich hues.
Benefits of installing a cool roof
Cool roofs provide the following benefits:
- Reduced energy usage: A cool roof transfers less heat to the building below, which helps the interior stay cool. The air conditioner won’t have to work as hard to maintain the set temperature on the thermostat. This will help control monthly energy bills and reduce the amount of wear on the AC.
- Environmental friendly: Cool roofs are very environmentally friendly. The home will require less energy consumption. As a result, there’s significantly less production of air pollution, carbon emissions and greenhouse gases.
- Reduce local air temperature: An urban heat island is created when a densely populated area experiences higher temperatures than their rural counterparts due to a lack of vegetation and natural moisture. In some places, the temperatures can be 50 to 90 degrees hotter than the actual air. Outfitting an entire neighborhood with cool roofs would reduce the effect drastically.
- Increased comfort: Cool roofs help keep the temperatures inside of the building cool and comfortable even when the air conditioner isn’t running. This will help prevent any discomfort and the likelihood of developing a heat-related illness.
- Longer lifespan: Decreasing the roof’s temperature can also extend its lifespan. Dark-colored roofs break down quickly due to the amount of stress they endure when absorbing heat. Cool roofs can last up to 10 years longer than traditional models because they absorb less heat.
Call Five Guys Roofing to learn more about cool roofs
It’s clear that installing a cool roof is a simple, yet impactful way to keep your home cool for an affordable price. Call Five Guys Roofing today to learn more about the cost savings or the installation process. As a top roofing contractor in Gilbert, AZ, we’ll help you find the best roofing option to keep your home cool all summer long.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractor
This post was written by Writer