Though roofs are incredibly durable, they’re not invulnerable to everything. Over time, your roof will start to go bad and need to be replaced. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a leak or another expensive problem to fix. The only problem is that telling when your roof is going bad is tough unless you know what to look for! Continue reading to learn a few of the signs that your roof should be replaced sooner rather than later:
- Roof age: The easiest way to tell that your roof is going bad is by just thinking about its age. Though it varies from roof to roof, most experts say that an asphalt shingle roof can last for up to 25 years. After that, the roof starts to fall apart and the chances of a leak are much higher. If your roof is over two decades old, it’s not a bad idea to have it inspected by a professional. Roofing services in Gilbert, AZ can take a look at your roof and let you know if it’s time to replace it.
- Curling and buckling shingles: Your roof doesn’t have to be 25 years old before it needs to be replaced. If your shingles are starting to curl and buckle, it means they’re on their last leg and must be replaced as soon as possible. Curling shingles can let in water during a rainstorm that’ll cause catastrophic damage to your home. If you can’t tell whether your shingles are bad, let us come out and inspect your roof. We’ll let you know once and for all if your roof needs to be replaced.
- Missing shingles: Curling shingles are bad, but they’re better than no shingles at all! If you look up and notice that a few of your shingles are completely missing, it’s a good idea to call roofing services in Gilbert, AZ. Our crew can replace the missing shingles, or give you a whole new roof if your current roof is getting up there in years.
- Roof valleys: The valleys of your roof are some of the most important parts of the structure. Rain flows from the valley into the gutters, and if this area is compromised, you could be dealing with a big flood the next time it rains! It may be tough to tell if there’s an issue with your valleys while you’re standing on the ground. Don’t hesitate to call us for an inspection!
- Chimney flashing: The metal flashing around the base of your chimney keeps rain and the elements out of the roof. Unfortunately, that metal can start to fall apart over time. The good news is that we can replace it. Much like roof valleys, it’s not too easy to notice flashing issues from the ground. We’d be more than happy to take a look at your roof and advise on corrective measures to fix your flashing.
If you’ve noticed one or more of the signs above, pick up the phone and call for roofing services in Gilbert, AZ right away. Five Guys Construction and Roofing can come to your home and make necessary repairs. We’ll even replace your roof if needed. Get in touch today to learn more!
Categorised in: Roofing Services
This post was written by Writer