Unless you work in or with the roofing industry, you’ve probably never heard of the Arizona Roofing Contractors Association (ARCA) before. Why would you? It’s not like you go around thinking about roofing contractors all day and night. Although the ARCA may not seem like a big deal to everyday folks, it means a lot to roofing contractors across our state. The ARCA offers a number of benefits for both roofing contractors in Gilbert, AZ as well as their clients. Keep reading to learn a little bit more about its history and why you should always hire contractors who are a part of the organization.
The ARCA was started in 1969 by representatives from the Central Arizona Roofing Contractors Association and the Tucson Roofing Contractors Association. The ARCA’s goal was to enhance the industry by uniting contractors across the state. The two main originators of the group were Robert Wardle and Wayne Vose. Wardle was the previous president of the Central Arizona Roofing Contractors Association and worked for Asbestos Engineering Company in Phoenix. Vose, meanwhile, was the president of the Tucson Roofing Contractors Association and was the founder of Johnson-Vose, Inc. in Tucson. Both men eventually would serve as president of the ARCA.
Benefits of ARCA memberships
The ARCA now has over 250 members throughout Arizona and continues to grow every day! Every contractor associated with the organization knows how valuable membership is:
- Safety plans: Over half of the ARCA members subscribe to the ARCA/SCF Arizona Association Safety Plan. Members of this safety plan receive a discount on their premiums and are eligible for bonus money above their worker’s compensation insurance checks. So far, members have earned over $8 million in bonus money as part of our plan!
- Help improve the industry: The ARCA has 18 committees working to protect and improve the roofing industry and ensure contractors’ success throughout the state. The ARCA represents its members at state, local and federal agencies like the Arizona State Contractors Coalition, the Registrar of Contractors’ office and the Arizona legislature.
Why hire an ARCA member?
Though the ARCA has 250 members, that’s just a small percentage of the roofing contractors across the state. There are plenty of other roofers who haven’t decided to join the organization yet. That being said, it’s usually in your best interest to choose an ARCA member. Here’s why:
- Certified professionals: When you hire an ARCA member, you can rest easy knowing that you’re hiring a certified professional to work on your roof! ARCA members have all proven themselves to be expert contractors.
- Guaranteed results: Going along with the previous point, if you hire an ARCA member, you know you’re going to get fantastic results by the time they’re done at the job site.
- Safe work: Roofing is a dangerous business. There’s a whole lot that can go wrong in the blink of an eye. Someone can suddenly fall off a roof or there can be malfunctions with equipment that ends up being a safety hazard. ARCA members are diligent workers and are committed to maintaining a safe work environment.
The next time you need the services of roofing contractors in Gilbert, AZ, we hope you’ll consider choosing our professionals at Five Guys Construction and Roofing! We’re committed to providing you with the best possible roofing experience.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractor
This post was written by Writer