If your roof is in need of repair or replacement, you might have already received a few service quotes from contractors. In the interest of saving some money on labor, you might be considering whether you should attempt turning your roofing repairs into do-it-yourself project. Although this might be a good cost-saving measure, it’s important that you consider everything that goes into a DIY roofing project so that you can determine whether this is really the right option for you. You should also think about whether the convenience and quality of a professional roofing installation might be worth the investment in the long run:
- Heights: Perhaps one of the most overlooked realities of a do-it-yourself roofing job is the fact that you will have to be comfortable with heights. In many cases, you might not even realize how nervous heights can make you until you’re on the top of a ladder. You should take into account how familiar you are with heights and whether this might cause issues for you. Climbing onto a roof if you’re afraid of heights can make you shaky and may increase your odds of slipping or falling.
- Safety: When you are up on a roof, safety is a big concern. You will need to ensure that you have shoes with enough traction to keep you stable while you’re working on your roof. Unfortunately, many people become injured during DIY roofing projects simply because they do not have the experience or training necessary to navigate a project safely.
- Time: Installing shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ is no small feat—it requires a significant time commitment. You may have to take time off of work or other obligations to complete a roofing project. A professional team will be able to complete a job much more quickly, and you will be able to spend your own time on other things.
- Tools: Even if you save money on labor costs, you will have to take into account the cost of materials and tools required to complete your roofing project. After you buy all of the equipment you need, you might find that you have spent more on stuff than you would have on the professional installation of shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ!
- Materials: In many cases, roofing contractors have decades of experience with different roofing products and they have an exceptional level of expertise when it comes to selecting materials. By working with a professional roofing contractor, you can take the guesswork out of selecting materials.
Don’t take on the stress and potential risks of a do-it-yourself roofing project—contact the professionals at Five Guys Construction and Roofing instead. We have nearly 25 years of experience providing a variety of different roofing services to commercial and residential clients alike. We are proud to have a reputation among customers across Arizona who have been happy with the services that we provide. We would be happy to give you a free quote for our services—just give us a call today!
Categorised in: Shingle Roofing
This post was written by Writer