While summer might be the perfect time to fire up the grill and soak up the sun, it’s also an important time of the year to focus on the health of your home. Unpredictable weather and high heat can take a toll on your roof and leave you with unforeseen repairs later on. Keep your shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ in good shape by following these simple tips:
- Keep an eye out for damaged or missing shingles: During the summer months, constant exposure to the sun can cause shingles to crack or fall off, leaving your roof unprotected from the elements. Make sure that you’re prepared for changes in the weather by ensuring that any damaged or missing shingles are replaced.
- Make sure to thoroughly assess gutters and other drainage: Once the summer sun melts all the snow and ice that might have been covering your home, make sure to check your gutters for any potential issues or blockages. If your gutters aren’t draining properly, snow and rain can cause serious water damage that might not be apparent on the surface.
- Check for algae and moss: While this relatively common green growth on your shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ might seem harmless enough, it can spell trouble for the health of your roof. Algae and moss might lead to moisture damage underneath your shingles, causing leaks in your roof. If you’re concerned about moss and algae growth on your roof, it might be a good time to call a professional roofing contractor.
- Consider your home’s ventilation: During the summer months, hot air in your home rises and can lead to damage. If your attic does not have proper ventilation, the collection of hot air can cause issues with excess moisture that make your roof more susceptible to leaks. A roofing contractor can help you determine if repairs are necessary.
- Don’t just focus on the outward appearance of your roof: On the surface, your roof might appear to be just fine, but many common issues might not be apparent during a basic visual inspection. It is important to get help from a roofing professional in order to determine the health of your roof and if any repairs are necessary to extend its life.
- Take care of necessary repairs before the weather makes it difficult to do so: The summer is an ideal time to focus your attention on the health of your roof. Warm, sunny weather can make it easier to assess problems and address potential issues. Don’t wait until the rain returns to fix that leak—find a roofing contractor that can help you keep your roof in exceptional shape all year long.
This summer, keep your shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ in the best condition possible by calling Five Guys Construction and Roofing. For over 20 years, we’ve been providing peace of mind to homeowners as well as to industrial and commercial clients. We can assess the health of your roof and make sure that you receive the information and services you need to keep it healthy.
Categorised in: Shingle Roofing
This post was written by admin