What does your garage do for you? For some homeowners, it offers them a safe place to park their car out of the sight of others or the outdoor elements. For others, it’s a storage area that allows them to utilize their home’s square footage to its fullest. For still more, it’s an activity area that acts as an extension of their home’s living space.
No matter what your garage is to you, it’s always important to make sure it’s in the best condition possible… otherwise you might find that it’s not serving you to its fullest potential. Leaks in the roof, cracks in the foundation, damages to the infrastructure or general neglect can all have a devastating effect on your garage, which will ultimately end up costing you in more ways than one.
This spring and summer, make sure you’re talking to a Five Guys general contractor in Gilbert, AZ about your garage’s needs. We’ll help you make sure this all-important structure stays in prime condition, so you can continue on with peace of mind in your use of it.
Not sure if your garage needs some TLC from a talented professional? Take a look at a few of the most common issues that tend to develop with garages over the years and how you can spot them before they become major issues:
- Roof leaks are the most common issue you’ll see. Check your garage’s interior after a rainstorm and see if there’s any water present on the ground, on your vehicle or anywhere else. If there is, take it as a sign that you should hire a professional for a full inspection of the roof and other components.
- Wear and tear over time, coupled with shifting and weathering, can cause gaps to form in your garage’s structure. Get into your garage, block any windows, close all the doors and turn out the lights. Look for beams of light that might be peering through gaps around door and window frames, as well as those that might shine through around the soffits of the roof.
- Check your doors and windows for any damages that might be compromising them. For doors, warping or misalignment with the jams tends to be common with frequent use. For windows, cracks in the panes or damage to the frames themselves aren’t uncommon.
- Check for any major cracks that may have developed on your garage pad. This tends to happen over time as the earth below the pad settles or it can result from an improperly poured pad quickly after an installation.
- Are all of the electrical system of your garage working? Test the lights, the garage door and any electrical sockets you have in the garage to make sure they’re working appropriately.
A general contractor in Gilbert, AZ can help you address and remedy any of the above issues if they’re found in your garage. The sooner you address these issues, the sooner you can return to peace of mind about your garage, whatever you might use it for.
Categorised in: General Contractor
This post was written by admin