When your office building is damaged in a flood, fire or other natural disaster, obviously your first instinct is to make sure nobody got hurt. After you address that issue, however, the work has just begun in terms of making sure your business survives this often-devastating setback. Fortunately, if you remember to keep your cool, trust the right people and businesses and maintain strong communication, then you and your business should be all right in the end. Here is a helpful list of things to do when your company’s offices are in need of restoration services in Gilbert, AZ:
- Call your insurance company: If you own the building where your office is located, then of course your first move should be to get in touch with your insurance agency after the damage has occurred. But even if you rent the space, your insurance might cover any furniture or valuable business materials damaged, so it’s best to call no matter what.
- Salvage what you can: Even if it seems like everything is ruined, you would be surprised what a qualified restoration expert could do to help salvage furniture and even the core structure of your office. If you are able to safely remove any furniture or other pieces of equipment, try and get it to a dry, climate-controlled area as quickly as possible.
- Be safe: Remember, no office supplies are more important than the safety and wellbeing of you and your employees. If you have doubts about recovery, let the authorities handle it when they arrive. And remember to make it clear that no employees should feel pressured to help with the cleanup and recovery effort should they feel at all unsafe or uncomfortable about doing so.
- Notify your employees: If your employees are not onsite when the damage occurs, be sure to get in touch with them as soon as possible so they are aware of the situation. Remember that their livelihood hangs in the balance just as yours does, so any information you can give them about a recovery timeline, or about payment during the recovery process, will be very much appreciated.
- Communicate with your customers: Additionally, your customers are going to need to be notified of this setback quickly, so that they can plan accordingly for any delays in service. If you are not going to be able to serve them until further notice, try to refer them to an alternative service. You can always offer them great deals to recover their patronage once you are back on your feet.
- Hire a certified professional: Finally, you need to make sure that whomever you end up hiring for restoration services in Gilbert, AZ is experienced, fully certified and able to work with your insurance company.
If you are a business in need of professional, experienced and reliable restoration services in Gilbert, AZ, we hope you will trust Five Guys Construction with the job. We look forward to the opportunity to help other businesses in our community in their time of need.
Categorised in: Restoration Services
This post was written by admin