When the time comes to remodel your kitchen, it can be easy to fall prey to different hot design trends and unusual gimmicks. If design is important to you, then by all means, you should take the opportunity to push the limits. But a full kitchen remodel in Gilbert, AZ is a big expense, and you might not get the opportunity to do it again for decades. If that is the case for you, then the smart choice is to opt for timeless style over trendy fashions. Here are six design tips that will make for a beautiful, functional and timeless kitchen remodel:
- Hardwood floors: Have you ever met someone who did not like the look of hardwood floors? This simple element is one feature that virtually everyone can agree upon, and that is likely due to the fact that the instinct to seek out wood for shelter goes back thousands of years. If you want a timeless kitchen, you cannot get more timeless than hardwood flooring.
- Neutral white background: Color trends come and go, but a soft white kitchen is forever. Of course, paint is a fairly noncommittal way to experiment with design, so if you want a pop of color, feel free to paint your kitchen walls a fun shade. But when it comes to the color of your tiles, countertops and appliances, you will want something more neutral, and white is always associated with a clean, welcoming kitchen.
- Accessibility: No matter what design trends happen to be of the moment, one practical side of design will always be appreciated: ergonomic accessibility. If at all possible, encourage your general contractor to make sure your kitchen is fully friendly and accessible to people of all sizes, ages and abilities.
- Extra storage: A house is for living in, and for most families, daily life involves a whole lot of physical stuff. As long as people exist, they will always need space to put their stuff, which is why storage is a timeless design choice. Cabinets that reach the ceiling, a walk-in pantry and any other cleverly used storage spaces you can fit in will certainly boost the appeal of your kitchen remodel in Gilbert, AZ.
- Farmhouse sink: A farmhouse sink hits the big three in terms of timeless design: it’s highly functional, it’s fairly simple and it’s charming while still being neutral. When you choose to install a new farmhouse sink in your remodeled kitchen, you will not have to sacrifice visual appeal or practical functionality.
- Shaker cabinets: Shaker cabinets are the diamonds of the cabinet world: desirable, elegant and proven to be timeless. These simple, no-fuss and seamless cabinets are the perfect choice for anyone who does not want to remodel their kitchen again for many, many years to come.
Whether you want to go trendy or timeless for your kitchen remodel in Gilbert, AZ, Five Guys Construction has the experience and resources to make your dream kitchen a reality. Please contact us today for more information.
Categorised in: Kitchen Remodeling
This post was written by admin