As a construction business that provides water damage restoration in Gilbert, AZ, we meet a lot of folks who weren’t well prepared for water damage, and aren’t quite sure where to start with recovering from it. We know that unless you live in a high-risk flood zone, possible water damage might not be at the top of your list of things to worry about. But water damage can happen to anyone, whether it’s due to natural disaster or human error. Here’s a general rundown that should help our customers, neighbors and friends understand the process of water damage restoration in Gilbert, AZ. Hopefully, you’ll never have to worry about water damage, but this should help you just in case.
- Inspection: After the initial evacuation, flood mitigation and other emergency steps are taken, you’ll need to contact a construction or insurance agent to come out and inspect your property for damage. Hopefully you have strong insurance that will cover water damage—if you don’t, now’s as good a time as any to consider getting it! The inspector will identify what type of water damage has occurred and how severe the damage is, and will likely give you a estimate of how much restoration will cost.
- Water removal: Once a solid assessment has been made, your water removal service will start doing its job. They will likely use advanced equipment like vacuums and submersible pumps to rid your home of all water, even in the event of a severe flood. The sooner your crew can get to this step, the lesser the chances of mold occurring, and the higher the chances of full restoration, so it’s imperative that you make this happen as soon as possible.
- Drying: After the initial water extraction has occurred, it’s time for a more intense dehumidification and drying treatment. Moisture can get trapped deep within the fibers of your belongings, and only special tools like industrial dehumidification equipment will get all of it out. If your water removal professionals are treating an entire room or house, they will likely use equipment to monitor your floors and walls so as to track their drying progress.
- Cleaning: Just because the water has been removed, that doesn’t mean the dirt and bacteria that came along with it is all gone. Any quality business that offers water damage restoration in Gilbert, AZ knows to include a cleaning and sanitizing step in their process. This service will likely include odor removal, disposal services and a sanitation treatment.
- Final touches: Now that your home is completely safe and sanitary, you can turn your attention to the more cosmetic details of the water damage. This will likely include tasks such as floor repair, repainting, new carpet installation, furniture reupholstering and more. If you hire a full service construction crew for your water damage restoration, they can likely handle this part for you as well. If not, then you’ll need to hire another business, or try to tackle all the work yourself.
If you have questions about Five Guys Construction’s water damage restoration services, give us a call today!
Categorised in: Restoration Services
This post was written by admin