At some point, even the most well maintained roof is going to run out of time and start to fall victim to the elements. When this happens, it’s not always easy to spot, however—unless of course you find yourself faced with a major roofing issue that simply cannot be ignored!
In an effort to prevent catastrophic roofing failures—especially with shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ—Five Guys Construction is here to give you the top eight signs that it’s time to move ahead with a new roof. Take a gander at ten things to keep an eye out for as it pertains to your roof and its shingles:
- Discoloration or curling of your shingles is going to be a sign that they’re no longer maintaining their resilience. If this occurs in just a single spot, you might be able to get away with minor replacements to that area, but know that the rest of your shingles are likely to follow soon.
- Broken or cracked shingles are an even bigger sign that your roofing materials are at the end of their life. Cracked and broken shingles are highly ineffective and are sure to cause major problems sooner rather than later.
- Excessive granule deposits at the bottom of your downspouts suggest that your singles are wearing down to their last legs. Cracked or broken shingles are likely to follow this.
- If you have a low slope roof, you’re likely to see “alligatoring” on your shingles as they begin to show their need for replacement. Basically, this is another form of wear to your shingles and it makes it look as though the shingles have cracked into infinitely tiny sections, much like an alligator’s skin.
- If you can clearly make out rust on your flashings or the valleys of your roof have become rusted to any noticeable degree, it’s a sign that you’re going to need new shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ.
- If you’re missing shingles, don’t waste any time in having Five Guys Construction come out to inspect your roof for damage. Ultimately, you’ll have to have the missing shingles replaced or your roof re-done—the latter is likely more of a reality, since failing shingles are likely to be discovered around your roof as well.
- If your roof has seen more than two decades, it’s a good bet for an up and coming replacement. Shingle roofing in Gilbert, AZ that survives 20 years is rare and most people will find themselves replacing their roofs before 15-16 years—higher than 20 means that your roof has likely gone above and beyond and is now in need of reprieve.
- Dry rot is a death sentence for shingle roofs—so is moss or lichen. If any of these items plague your roof, you’re going to need to ensure that they’re completely eradicated.
These eight signs of roofing damage are precursors to much bigger problems and if ignored, could put your home and your family in danger. Annual roofing inspections by a Five Guys Construction contractor are necessary to prevent them, so make sure you’re staying on top of inspections this year!
This post was written by admin