You probably know it’s time for leak repair in Gilbert, AZ when there’s a huge water stain on your ceiling, or if you notice a gaping hole in your roof after a storm. But did you know that there are smaller signs that your roof is damaged? The smaller signs that your roof is in need of repair can be difficult to spot, but the lasting effects of a slightly damaged roof can be just as devastating as a massive hole on top of your house. Here are several common signs that you need to call for professional roof repair:
- Damaged ceiling or walls: If you notice any discoloration on your celling or walls, you’ve got some sort of problem going on. The issue may start out as a small dark spot on your ceiling, but beware: that small spot is only going to continue to grow if your roof isn’t repaired quickly. The same can be said for your walls. The spot will continue to grow and may even begin to start peeling the paint off the wall or ceiling. If left untreated, the wall or ceiling could begin to bulge out and eventually collapse!
- Algae and mold growth on your roof: This one isn’t as likely to happen in Arizona, as mold likes to grow in more humid climates. However, any water spot left untreated inside your home has the potential to start growing mold. Certain types of mold are dangerous to your health, meaning that a mold problem shouldn’t be taken lightly.
- Curling shingles: If you’ve noticed that some of the shingles on your roof have begun to curl upwards, you’ll need to call a roof specialist as soon as you can. A curling shingle isn’t protecting your house very well from water leaks. If left unattended to, a roof with curling shingles will eventually require leak repair in Gilbert, AZ. This problem can be caused by too much water getting absorbed and then evaporating, or by an overabundance of hot air in the attic.
- Missing shingles: Even worse than curling shingles are no shingles at all! If you look up and notice you’re missing a few shingles, it’s a good idea to call a roofer ASAP. Any spot of your roof not covered by shingles is prone to leakage after a storm. Shingles can fall off your roof during a windstorm, or if they weren’t installed correctly in the first place.
- Damaged flashing: These strips of metal that surround your chimney and other vulnerable parts of your roof are crucial in protecting your home from water damage. If any part of the flashing is bent or broken, it’s easy for water to seep in and wreak havoc. Even if the water doesn’t immediately enter your home, your roof is still prone to mold growth if your flashing isn’t 100 percent secure.
Water damage from a leaking roof is no joke. Contact Five Guys Construction if you’ve noticed any of the above signs, and we’ll get to work on providing the repairs you need.
Categorised in: Leak Repair
This post was written by admin