It’s the first place you visit in the morning, and likely the last room you utilize before bed. We’re talking about the bathroom, which is one of the most used rooms in any home. With that in mind, shouldn’t it look its best and be functional at all times? Let’s take a look at six signs that may indicate it’s time for a bathroom remodel in Gilbert, AZ, and then you can decide what you want to do:
- Bathroom is rundown: Have you lost all control over your bathroom? If you have warped counters, cracked tiles and leaky faucets, or moldy walls or mildew growth on fixtures that just won’t stay away even though you’ve done repairs and clean frequently, it’s time for an overhaul. Keep in mind that a bathroom that is grungy and unsanitary can leave a negative impression on your guests.
- Bathroom fixtures are out of date: Your 40-year-old house may still have a solid foundation and strong frame, but go take a peek in your bathroom and you’ll know it’s outdated—because you haven’t changed a thing about it. Now is the time to update that decades-old vanity, tub, lighting and more with modern fixtures, and look into innovative, water-efficient toilets.
- You can see damage: Visible damage can start getting to you as time goes by, such as chips on the vanity, a cracked tub, broken wall tiles, a busted toilet tank lid and irreversible water damage on the walls, floors or ceiling. Hopefully your bathroom does not have all these issues, but if you need to, you can take control of your ugly bathroom by replacing damaged fixtures and features that can’t be fixed.
- Storage space is too limited: It’s not necessarily true that you have too much stuff; the real issue may be your small bathroom and a lack of storage space. Plan right, and a bathroom remodel in Gilbert, AZ can result in more space to store your toiletries, cleaning supplies and bath towels. But instead of knocking down walls, first check into installing more functional cabinetry and shelving.
- Your bathroom needs have changed: From starting a family to getting older, there are countless reasons for remodeling your bathroom to fit your needs. This can be as simple as redoing the lighting or replacing the old tub with a safer one, or as invasive as gutting the whole thing and starting anew. An expansion is a good way to go if more bathroom space is needed.
- You’re planning on moving: Although remodeling any part of your house seems counterintuitive when you are looking to sell, doing so may actually add substance and value to your home. This could mean major upgrades or minor fixes depending on the current state of a space. Bathrooms and kitchens are two of the biggest selling points of a home, so if your house is on the market, you need to make sure all the bathrooms are presentable.
Considering a bathroom remodel in Gilbert, AZ? When you feel that the time is right, give Five Guys Construction to learn more about our wide range of remodeling services.
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodel
This post was written by admin